Ranch Renewal Brings Lifestyle and Efficiency Updates
Before and After Photos:
Energy Efficient Expansion
Locust Grove Area
Door Store and Windows Consultants:
Don Erickson and Ann Gregory
Czerwonka & Associates, LLC
- Marvin Clad Ultimate Replacement Double-Hung Windows
- Marvin Clad Ultimate Replacement Picture Window
- Marvin Clad Ultimate New Construction Double-Hung Windows
- Marvin Clad Ultimate French Inswing Double Doors
- Simpson 9 Lite 1/2 View Douglas Fir Wood Doors
- Simpson 6 Panel Douglas Fir Wood Door
Michael, President of Czerwonka & Associates, a development and construction program management business, designed the additions and managed the entire project. With an eye toward energy efficiency, living area expansion, seamlessly integrating the existing space with the new space and adding technology updates, the Czerwonkas vision began to take shape:
- The addition of a new kitchen, mudroom and garage expansion along with a new master suite featuring his and hers bathrooms and two sitting rooms added 2000 square feet. A cozy 400 square foot covered porch with fireplace and a flat screen TV was also added off the kitchen.
- The Czerwonkas wanted to achieve a high level of energy efficiency in their home. Foam insulation was added to the attic. The windows were selected based on Marvin’s reputation for energy efficiency and quality construction.
- Keeping the architectural details of the home was important to the Czerwonkas and Marvin’s window products provided the architectural integrity they were seeking.
- The Door Store and Windows installation crew replaced every window in the existing portion of the home with Marvin Ultimate Clad Replacement Windows. The newly constructed additions also feature Marvin Ultimate Clad Windows installed by the Czerwonka & Associates crew.
- Don Erickson and Ann Gregory of The Door Store and Windows teamed up to coordinate product selection, sizing and scheduling to keep the project moving efficiently and to ensure that all 42 windows and doors were delivered on the day they were promised.
The new kitchen, complete with professional appliances and lighted perfectly with eight Marvin windows and a Marvin French double door, hosted the Food Network TV show “Southern at Heart” featuring Louisville’s Damaris Phillips. Michael noted that the sound crew was very impressed with the sound reduction of the windows. During taping, the sound crew typically has to suppress ambient noise created by mowers, vehicles, and everyday life, but the sound reduction capability of the Marvin windows created an ideal sound set.
The Czerwonkas were also pleased with the energy-saving results of their project. “We doubled the square footage of our home, but our energy bills remained the same. I think the Marvin windows played a role in that savings.” says Michael. He adds, “The Marvin windows are competitively priced, they fit tight and are energy efficient. I’ve seen a lot of windows and Marvin is the best.”
But even with the best products in the market, it’s the character and integrity of the people providing those products that Michael really depends on. Michael notes, “As well as you plan, something always arises in a construction project and in those moments you find the true character and integrity of a company and their people. In our situation, a subcontractor inadvertently broke a Marvin Ultimate Window sash. I made one call to Don Erickson and it was reconciled and replaced on the day promised. In addition, one of our Simpson doors developed a small bubble defect in the veneer surface. Once again, I made one call to Don and the door was replaced from the manufacturer on the date promised at no cost. The Door Store and Windows and Don Erickson and Ann Gregory demonstrate the honor and character that most organizations can only dream to offer. ”
The Door Store and Windows team was knowledgeable and professional. The installers were courteous, trustworthy and always on-time. Everything was perfect! I plan to use The Door Store and Windows for all of my clients’ construction projects.
– Michael Czerwonka