Classic Bungalow Makeover
Before and After Photos:
Uncovering A Classic
Door Store and Windows Consultant:
Vincent Abell Contracting (website)
William Welch Architects (website)
- Integrity Wood-Ultrex Double Hung Windows
- Integrity Wood-Ultrex Casement Windows
- Integrity Wood-Ultrex Awning Windows
- Marvin Clad Awning Window with Thin Reed Glass
Despite years of neglect and little curb appeal, the Abells had a plan:
- A 600 square foot addition and changes to the original floor plan expanded the kitchen area and added a first-floor master suite, laundry room, powder room and mud room.
- Brad and Amber worked with Don Erickson at The Door Store and Windows to select Integrity Wood-Ultrex Windows for their home. The Integrity line is ideal for budget-conscious replacement and features a wood interior with Ultrex pultruded fiberglass on the exterior to reduce maintenance. Custom prairie-style grilles were added to several windows to match the original windows in the home.
- The Integrity Wood-Ultrex Windows have convenient features including a double-hung sash that can be tilted in or removed for quick cleaning and screens that are easy to install or remove.
- Don offered several ideas and cost saving options for the project including a redesign of the kitchen area window configuration to not only save money, but improve the overall look and functionality of the area.
As a trade professional, Brad was impressed with the Integrity Wood-Ultrex windows. “They are high quality windows, were easy to work with, and fit the look of our home perfectly,” he says. Brad commented that Don was able to help the couple throughout the remodeling process. “We love Don. He was patient and helped us make decisions when Amber and I had different opinions. He made several trips here to discuss our window options and his ideas were always helpful,” he added.
Changing window configurations for several openings was Don’s idea and it worked out great. We were able to cut some costs and still got all of the windows we needed.
– Brad Abell